CARBON MONOXIDE ALERT!

Too much carbon monoxide in your blood will kill you.

Carbon Monoxide(CO) is a colorless, odorless gas that bonds to the hemoglobin in your bloodstream, displacing the
oxygen in your cells and finally causing death!  CO is caused by incomplete combustion of fuels. The most common
sources of CO emissions are appliances around your home such as:  Gas furnaces or boilers, oil furnaces or boilers, water
heaters, cracked heat exchangers, blocked flue pipes, and
leaking or restricted chimneys, which can cause dangerous
build-ups of carbon monoxide gas in the home.  We suggest having your Heating system inspected annually for added life
of the equipment, efficiency, and for SAFETY.

Consumer confidence in the convenience and safety of today's home heating systems is usually well-placed. The oil and
gas heating industries have achieved impressive safety records. Nonetheless, according to the U.S. Consumer Product
Safety Commission, over 200 people across the nation are known to die each year from carbon monoxide poisoning
caused by problems in the venting - out of their homes - of toxic gases produced by their heating systems. Other estimates
for total accidental CO poisoning are much higher. The Journal of the American Medical Association, (JAMA Volume 261,
No.8, February 24,1989) estimates 1,600 deaths occur yearly. In addition, around 10,000 cases of carbon
monoxide-related injuries are diagnosed each year. Because the symptoms of prolonged, low-level carbon monoxide
poisoning mimic the symptoms of common winter ailments (headaches, nausea, dizziness, fatigue, even seasonal
depression), many cases are not detected until permanent, subtle damage to the brain, heart and other organs and tissues
has occurred. The difficulty of diagnosis also means the numbers of people affected may be even higher.  

Some sources at this time put the estimate at 4,000 carbon monoxide deaths per year.  Regardless of the exact numbers it
is vitally clear that your home should have all fuel burning devices inspected and maintained yearly.  Have your chimney
and fireplace cleaned and inspected by a qualified chimney sweep yearly.

The United States Consumer Products Safety Commission CPSC Warns That The Deadly Threat Of Carbon
Monoxide Can Be Stopped By A
Yearly Professional Chimney Inspection

September 20, 1996
Release # 96-189
Washington, D.C. -- Having your home inspected each year at the beginning of the heating season can help avoid deadly
carbon monoxide gas from leaking into your home, according to Chairman Ann Brown of the Consumer Product Safety
Commission.
"CO poisoning from the use of fuel burning appliances kills at least 200 people each year and sends more than 5,000 to
hospital emergency rooms for treatment," Brown said. "Consumers can avoid this tragedy by having their fuel-burning
appliances inspected by a qualified technician each year, and by purchasing and installing CO detectors that meet the
requirements of the Oct. 1, 1995 Underwriters Laboratories standards."
CO is a colorless, odorless gas produced by burning any fuel. The initial symptoms of CO poisoning are similar to the flu,
and include dizziness, fatigue, headache, nausea and irregular breathing. High level exposure to CO can cause death.
"Modern heating equipment is sophisticated and requires special training and tools for proper maintenance," Brown said.
CPSC recommends that consumers should not service their own appliances, but instead have a qualified professional
perform an inspection.

Chimneys, flues and vents. Have flues and chimneys inspected before each heating season for leakage and for blockage
by creosote or debris. Creosote buildup or leakage could cause black stains on the outside of the chimney or flue. These
stains can mean that pollutants are leaking into the house.

This is a true story...
In the fall of 1994 I went to a customer's house to unclog her chimney because the furnace technician said it was not
venting properly, and he had to shut down her furnace and hot water heater. Upon checking the flue, I found over 6 feet of
solid debris with birds nests, dead
animals, and deteriorated bricks and mortar that had fallen in the flue. We had to break
into the back of the chimney in order to remove the debris it was so bad. The chimney had not possibly been venting for
many years, and Carbon Monoxide was backing up into the home.
The homeowner said that she and her daughter had been ill for almost 10 years with flu-like symptoms that went away when
they left the house. They knew it was their house, and had the home tested for radon and mold, had the ducts cleaned, and
went to several doctors (none of which did a CO test).. I suggested that they go get tested for CO poisoning -and sure
enough, the Dr. said they had been poisoned for years, and that if they did not have a leaky house they would be dead.
The lady and her daughter thanked us for possibly saving their lives. The simple installation of a chimney cover would have
prevented this problem in the first place.
Gene Padgitt
Chimney Sweep
Independence, MO
SAVE UP TO $500 PER  YEAR ON ENERGY COSTS  click here
OUR CHIMNEY SWEEP LOCATION IS:  LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

AREAS SERVED:

IN AND AROUND THE SAN FERNANDO VALLEY INCLUDING:

HOLLYWOOD, VALLEY VILLAGE, MISSION HILLS, PACOIMA, ARLETA, PANORAMA CITY, AND SYLMAR, over through
SUNLAND, TUJUNGA, MONTROSE, LA CRESCENTA, AND LA CANADA/FLINTRIDGE.

ADDITIONAL CITIES GOING EAST INCLUDING:

BURBANK, GLENDALE, PASADENA, SOUTH PASADENA, SAN MARINO, TEMPLE CITY, SIERRA MADRE, ARCADIA,
MONROVIA, DUARTE, AZUSA, CHARTER OAK, COVINA, WEST COVINA, IRWINDALE, GLENDORA, SAN DIMAS, LA VERNE,
POMONA, CLAREMONT, UPLAND, SAN ANTONIO HEIGHTS, ONTARIO, SAN GABRIEL, EAGLE ROCK, GLASSEL PARK,
HIGHLAND PARK, ATWATER VILLAGE, ALHAMBRA, EL MONTE, BALDWIN PARK, MONTCLAIR, HACIENDA HEIGHTS,
ROWLAND HEIGHTS, LA PUENTE, DIAMOND BAR, PHILLIPS RANCH, CHINO, CHINO HILLS, RANCHO CUCAMONGA AND
SURROUNDING AREAS

WE ALSO WORK IN:

HOLLYWOOD, HOLLYWOOD HILLS AND WEST HOLLYWOOD, AS WELL AS SILVER LAKE, LOS FELIZ, ATWATER AND
NORTH LOS ANGELES NEAR THE HOLLYWOOD BEVERLY HILLS AREA

IF YOU NEED CHIMNEY CLEANING, CHIMNEY REPAIR, FIREPLACE REPAIR, CHIMNEY INSPECTION OR FIREPLACE
INSPECTION PLEASE GIVE US A CALL.
T H E   L. A.   S W E E P
SERVING GREATER LOS ANGELES
323-719-9465
1309 Lilac Ter.
Los Angeles, CA 90026
WARNING:  AVOID INSPECTION/REPAIR FRAUD
CHIMNEY CLEANING
CHIMNEY INSPECTION $99
1309 Lilac Ter.
Los Angeles, CA
90026

323-719-9465